DragonDMS 2016: Using Car Sales Reports
3rd March 2016
Here are the differences and application of the following three Car Sales Reports from DragonDMS 2016:
Stock Report Historical
Stock Report Historical – Alternative
Stock In Report
To generate the above reports you need to go to Reports > Used Vehicle Sales and look under the ‘Vehicle Stock’ heading.
Stock Report Historical and Stock Report Historical – Alternative Reports
These will show vehicles that are in stock on the date you have searched for and have a purchase invoice printed against them, so therefore have a ‘Purchase Invoice Date’. The ‘Purchase Invoice Date’ is found within a vehicle record under Invoicing > Purchase > Purchase Invoice Date.
Things to note when using the Stock Report Historical and Stock Report Historical – Alternative reports:
- If no purchase invoice has been printed, the vehicle will not show on the report
- If the purchase has been credited and not re-invoiced, the vehicle will not show on the report
- If the purchase has been credited and re-invoiced after the date of the report, the vehicle will not show on the report
Stock In Report
The Stock In Report will show vehicles that are in stock on the date you have searched for but this report uses the ‘Date in Stock’ date, rather than the ‘Purchase Invoice Date’. The ‘Date in Stock’ date is found within a vehicle record under Invoicing > Purchase > Date in Stock. Things to note when using the Stock In Report:
- A vehicle will show on this report even if no purchase invoice has been printed against it as the report goes purely off of the ‘Date in Stock’ date
- If you have a ‘Purchase Invoice Date’ of, for example, 1 February, and a ‘Date in Stock’ date of 1 March, this report will always use the ‘Date in Stock’ date and ignore the ‘Purchase Invoice Date’
Things to check when comparing your Dragon stock reports against Sage:
- Have you printed a purchase invoice for the vehicle? If not, the vehicle won’t be in Sage
- Have you done a Sage integration recently?
- Are the vehicle purchases dated in the date range you’re looking at?
- Is the vehicle showing on your Sage ‘Transactions Not Posted’ report?
- If you have entered manual transactions against the specific nominal code in Sage, that will cause a difference
- SOR vehicles will not show in Sage until they are sold
- If a vehicle isn’t appearing against the nominal in Sage, check it has the correct nominal information
Dragon2000 have been helping dealers and garages drive their businesses forward since 1995. Talk to our team today on 01327 222 333 or email email@example.com to find out how our dealer management system, car dealer websites and mobile apps can help your business increase profits and reduce costs.